For Handmade Jewellery Care:
- As our handmade pieces are mostly gold-plated or gold-filled, we recommend as much as possible to stick with using a soft cotton or microfiber cloth to clean and polish your pieces. Take care to wipe as gently as possible so as to reduce thinning of the gold-plating.
- For best results, gentle wipe off after a full day or wearing before storing it in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight. We recommend placing a silica gel pack in your jewellery box should you keep your pieces in one. A combination of humidity and oils are usually the reason gold-plated pieces tarnish.
- Should your pieces tarnish, you may try the baking soda method. More details in this video: https://youtu.be/j5GgDfNFySs
- Do take note for pieces with pearls try to keep them way from the baking soda solution. Pearls are sensitive to chemicals.
- In general, try your best to keep your pieces away from water, perfume or other chemicals. Only put your jewellery on after applying make-up, perfumes, lotions, etc.
For Fine Jewellery Care:
- Although 18K solid gold pieces are more hardy than gold-plated or gold-filled ones, it is still a good practice to keep them away from perfume or other chemicals. Only put your jewellery on after applying make-up, perfumes, lotions, etc. and gently give them a good wipe with the cleaning cloth we have provided before storing them at the end of the day.
- Store 18K pieces away from direct sunlight in a cool and dry place. Place silica gel packs in your jewellery box to help with the humidity.
- 18K pieces can be worn into the shower, just ensure to dry them thoroughly and to take them off for deep cleaning from time to time.
- We do not recommend ultrasonic cleaners especially for pieces with small pavé diamonds as the cleaning process would loosen them over time. Instead, we recommend using a soft toothbrush and some mild dishwashing liquid (Mama Lemon works well) to gently brush off any accumulated dirt. Rinse with warm water and dry off your jewellery pieces thoroughly after.
- Do note that pearl pieces require extra care as they are highly sensitive to chemicals. As such, clean with only warm water as far as possible.